Download plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download plugins

I first installed the trial verison of the search engine. I just purchased the professional edition. I have downloaded all the plugins to upgrade my copy of zoom to search for Word and Adobe files. I keep getting an error message that says
    "
    an entry in the extensions list (.doc) is recognised as an unsupported file format
    "
    and if I installed plugins to restart my zoom. What am I doing wrong.

You most likely did not have the plugins installed properly.

Follow the instructions for "Installing a plugin" carefully on this page: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/plugins.html

Make sure you have unzipped the file. If you do not know how to do this - and if you have XP, you can right click on the file and select "Extract all". If you do not have XP, you will need to download a program call "WinZip".

After extracting the files correctly, you should have the following files:

C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 4.0\plugins\word2txt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 4.0\plugins\pdftotext.exe
    Note that if you have installed Zoom to a different folder, the above path would be different accordingly.

Once these files are in place, you will need to restart Zoom for it to detect them. When Zoom can find these plugins, these messages should appear in the log window upon startup:

Plugin for DOC files found. DOC file support enabled.
    Plugin for PDF files found. PDF file support enabled.
    You can now add ".doc" and ".pdf" to your extensions list, and begin indexing these files.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X