Auto-Generated Sitemap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-Generated Sitemap?

Does Zoom create an auto-generated site map? I know some site search engines have this function.

Thanks,

Lee

Not in the current version. It's something we might look into in the future, depending on demand, but in the meantime, we're concentrating on making Zoom the best site/CD search engine in the market by focusing on the searching aspect.

[Update: 5/Dec/06 - Site maps now available in V5 of Zoom]
    Last edited by David; Dec-05-2006, 05:16 AM. Reason: Add comment about V5
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I would be interested in this!

I'm currently trying to find some decent sitemapping software and it struck me that this could be done when Zoom is indexing - it spiders through the site, and could feasibly create a site map while it's doing it. Not that I'd have any idea how to make it do that myself!
      Anyway - just wanted to register my interest in this becoming part of future releases.
      Thanks,
      Suzy

Comment

We would like to do a product like this (and several others) but only have limited resources and can't do everything at the same time

As a poor work around you could combine the contents of the zoom_pages.zdat and zoom_titles.zdat files with some simple scripting to create some kind of quick and dirty site map.

-----
        David

Comment

im interrested in the sitemap generation too

right now im working with PHP and variable arrays to make one dynimicly which is not really dynamic at all :S

ps: site admin..... the way u suggested to make one atm, do we have to add a 18+ warning for that site map??
          If i think as i thought, i will do as i did and if i do what i did i will think as i thought....

Comment

OK. We'll investigate it with a view to doing something for version 5 of Zoom. But this is still a while off.

------
            David

Comment

thank you
              If i think as i thought, i will do as i did and if i do what i did i will think as i thought....

Comment

I am interested in sitemap as well. please let me know when you develop one.
                Thanks,
                -Lewis

Comment

Working...
                X