Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category Menu displaying the category twice

Hi Guys

I'm using Zoom professional, latest version, and indexing on XP Home. I have set up a single category (more to follow) but when I go to the search page it is showing it twice in the menu.

Any ideas?

the url if you want to have a look is

http://www.rotarnet.com.au

to access the search page click on the search icon in the top nav

cheers

Terry

Did you leave your "Default category name" blank? This field is under the "Category" tab, in the configurations window, and it is required and must be filled in.

We've just noticed that there is no error message saying this when you leave this field blank. We'll make sure to put this in the next build.

The "default category name" is a "catch-all" for files which do not match any of the patterns in the categories created. This is required as all files must belong to a category. If you enter a name in this field, it will fix your problem with the category name appearing twice.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Me too

I'm seeing two listings as well; I had "All" as the catch-all title. It's displaying twice in the drop down.
      Jim Blackburn

Comment

Terry,

to me, it looks everything fine with your categories. In drop-down list I can see All, Magazine and Rotarnet Web Site. So 2 additional categories and All (the default one).

Did you meanwhile corrected the problem you had?
        Regards,
        Nenad

Comment

Re: Me too

Originally posted by jblackburn
          I'm seeing two listings as well; I had "All" as the catch-all title. It's displaying twice in the drop down.
          "All" is automatically shown in the drop-down, you do not need to specify this. Because you have, you now see the one which is automatically generated (and actually searches across ALL categories), and your own one defined as a catch-all category (which only searches for files that do not belong in any other categories).

Note the difference: the catch-all category should really be something like "Other", or "Misc." or "Pages that do not belong in any other category".

If you have structured your site so that all files belong to a certain category and there is no need for a "Misc." category, then simply specify your last category as the catch-all/default. For example, if you have 3 categories on your site: news, articles, reviews. You can have:

Code:
          "News"       /news/             All files in the news folder
          "Articles"   /articles/         All files in the articles folder

Default category: "Reviews"
          Hope this clear things up a bit.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X