X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word plugin with other extension

Hi everyone,

This is my first post.

I have word documents with .en & .fr extension (i.e. test.doc.en)

It get's scanned by the engine but not by the word plugin.

I know that I should reverse the extensions but I can't. I have thousand of documents that have interneal links to it. Thanx to the previous admin guy

Is there a way to have the word plugin to look for xxx.doc.en ?

Thanks All

Le Frere

> I know that I should reverse the extensions

Indeed. I would start looking for a tool to automatically rename your files and fixing your links. You are sure to have more problems like this in the future. Have a look at this tool for bulk renaming of files.
    http://www.jimwillsher.co.uk/Site/Main_Intro.php
    Then find another utility to fix you your internal links in the same way.

Otherwise you might consider using the Apache MOD_REWRITE module on your server to change the URL on the fly (i.e. swap doc.en to en.doc). But MOD_REWRITE is not a friendly bit of software to use.

Zoom uses the file name extension to determine the file type. In the current release there is no way to associate .en files with the Word plug-in. We might make this more flexible in a future version.

------
    David

Comment

Thanks... I found another way arround (someone will do it for me) :P

Is there a way to show the Title tag of the MS word document in the search results instead of the file name ?

Comment

Yes, check the "Use meta information from plugins" option, which can be found in the "Scan options" tab of the configuration window.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X