Auto-index changed pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-index changed pages

If my website is updated a few times a week, will I have to re-index every week.. is there any type of auto-index that will automatically re-index pages that have been changed or added?

You can schedule Zoom to automatically re-index your site (and upload the files) on a regular basis. Click on the "Tools" menu and select "Schedule automatic indexing".

For more information, take a look at this support page:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/scheduling.html
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I think treep meant if it is possible to spider only the changed or new webpages.

Comment

No, the version 4 requires re-indexing of the entire site. While being able to index new pages only would be nice, and it is certainly something we hope to add in the future - the current index data being stored in memory is too compressed and intricate to allow for this.

In many cases, a re-indexing is preferred: to avoid broken links etc, but in particular, dynamically generated sites with a scripted backend (eg. PHP, ASP, CFM driven sites) often can not provide an accurate Last Modified timestamp. Last modified timestamps are also not available on some web server configurations.

Nonetheless, we will be looking at improvements in this area for future versions of Zoom.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X