ASPX settings for one set of ZDAT files referenced in several folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASPX settings for one set of ZDAT files referenced in several folders

I have about 30 subfolders in my system, each of which has a search.aspx. Instead of putting the same ZDAT files in each folder to search indexes of the whole site, can I put the *.ZDAT files in the parent folder and 'point' each search.aspx to them? Where would I do that?

The "search.aspx" file must be in the same folder as the .zdat files (and the "bin" sub-folder containing the ZoomASPX.dll).

It's funny - we've had no request (or need) for changing this for years now, and suddenly in the space of this week alone, you are the second user to ask about this.

Do you actually need a search.aspx for each subfolder? Note that this page is only necessary for returning the search results. You can place a HTML search form on different pages of your site, which will allow people to submit the search query from that page. Usually there is only one central page to return search results.

Are you rebranding each set of results for different sites with different header banners etc.? Even though they are the same index and same results?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      Are you rebranding each set of results for different sites with different header banners etc.? Even though they are the same index and same results?
      Yes - that's it identically. Each sub-folder represents a separate product within our software suite for which we have a unique branding solution, however, the search is meant to be inclusive of all of our products within the suite.

Comment

Surprisingly, we've had a few requests for this in the last week (after years of nobody asking for it -- I don't suppose you all happen to work with each other?). So we will add this to our todo list for the medium term future. But we have higher priority items for at least the next few weeks to address.

In the meantime, you could consider using an IFRAME or a wrapper script to request the results in XML format (&zoom_xml=1 in the URL) and reformat the results per site.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X