Sitemap.xml not included in FTP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemap.xml not included in FTP?

The sitemap files are being generated, but they are not being FTP'd with the other files...?

Any thoughts?

Disregard - I found the setting. (wish you could delete your own posts)

Comment

Actually, I can get it to upload to www.mysite.com/search where all the other files get uploaded to....but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to upload to the root....

If I put "/" in the file path, it doesn't work.

Comment

Under "Configure"->"Sitemaps" there is an option for "Upload sitemap files to web server..." and a specific text box for "Folder or path on server".

This allows you to specify a different folder (e.g. the root) to upload your sitemap files.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray - that is my question - I don't know what to put in that textbox for path if I want it uploaded to the site root - if I put "/" it doesn't work. If I leave it blank, it uploads to www.domain.com/search/ which is where the search files get uploaded to. "../" doesn't work in that field either....

So what do I put in there if I want to upload to the site root?

Also - it doesn't seem like the sitemap files get uploaded consistently after indexing. Sometimes they do, sometimes not. Even if I run the index manually, when it's done, sometimes I can see the FTP process trigger and sometimes not. Often times when I log into the server I see a "ZoomIndexer" error message from Windows saying "ZoomIndexer encountered a problem and needed to close".
          Last edited by ShorePatrol; May-21-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

It would be the path on the FTP server (NOT the path relative to your web pages under HTTP).

A "/" may not work because that could often take you outside of the web root folder on most servers.

For example, a FTP server may have a path such as the following:

/usr/home/mywebhostingusername/public_html/

In which case, your specifying "/" as the path would take you to the folder before "/usr" which is not what you want.

What is your current FTP upload path (for the rest of your index files)?

Some FTP servers are configured (by the web hosting company) to log you directly into the web root folder, in which case a "." path (meaning 'current directory') will point you there.

Others may log you into a folder before your web root folder, and in the above example, a path such as "public_html" or "./public_html" will get you there.

Hope that helps.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ray - Perfect! The "." is exactly what I needed....works great.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X