Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Turn Off Free Version after purchase

Hi --

I just purchased v5 yesterday, and today, when I attempted to index a site, I noticed that the free version is still running.

I launched v5 from my start menu, but the title of the dialog says "Zoom Search Engine - Free Edition" and I can't edit most configuration settings.

Before installing v5, I turned off the free extension in Dreamweaver via the extension manager.

What do I need to do to get v5 running without the free version getting in the way?

Thanks,
    John

I Figured It Out

Silly Me. I failed to enter the user name and license key in the app before using it. I should have read my order confirmation email more carefully.

Problem solved. Sorry for any inconvenience.

John

[Ed: The license key needs to be entered into the software from the Help / Enter License Key menu item in Zoom]

Comment

Originally posted by Tarvardian View Post
      Silly Me. I failed to enter the user name and license key in the app before using it. I should have read my order confirmation email more carefully.

[Ed: The license key needs to be entered into the software from the Help / Enter License Key menu item in Zoom]
      Even more silly me. I entered my user name and license key and clicked Close. It was only after several tries and a hunt through this forum that I realised that you have to click Register first. And it's also not entirely obvious that you need to do this in the free edition.

Perhaps the order confirmation email could mention those points. You, Wrensoft, almost got a call to Support, by the way...

Comment

We'll look into it and see if we can make the instructions clearer. Thanks for the feedback.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X