Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search file name and path?

Hi all,

I've looked through the FAQs and tried searching this forum, but can't find the answer to my question.

Does Zoom (v 4.2) index the filename and path of documents? For example, if I have a document called OrgChart/Smithers.pdf and the word "orgchart" does NOT appear within the text of the document, would a search for it ever pull it up?

It seems not to work that way for me, but it would be nice if it did.

I'm using the javascript version as I have limited access to the webserver, and it needs to run on CD as well.

Thanks!
    Beverley

Ah hah! Configuration / Indexing Options / What to index - filename

However, still unsure if that includes the path, or just the actual name of the document itself.

Comment

It only includes the file name and not the full path / full URL.

Comment

Search results point to the correct file but do not include directory

I get correct results in that, the file name is correct, but the link does not include the correct path causing the link to fail. For example if the file("1924 June Volume.2 No.2 Page 55 to 78.pdf") in the result resides in a folder called "1923_1925", the a href tag just mentions the file name without the folder. Please let me know how I can fix this.

Thanks!

Comment

It sounds like you are using Offline Mode, and your Base URL is incorrect. The base URL needs to be specified to appropriately for your search result links to point to the right folder.

Please see chapter 2.1.6 in the Users Guide for more information.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

wondering if zoom has added this capability yet?

I too, would like zoom to be able to index the file names as well. Has this become a viable option yet?

Thanks!

Comment

File names are indexed in V4, V5, V6 and V7 (beta at the moment).
              The file path is not, but this will be added in V7. Indexing the entire path increases the index size, making things slower. But computers have got a lot faster since V4 was released.

Comment

Just wondering, when will the full version of V7 be out.. as in out of beta phase?

Thanks!

Comment

See this post for details of the V7 beta.
                  http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showth...?t=4676&page=2
                  There is no fixed release date at the moment. It won't be in 2011 however.

Comment

Working...
                  X