PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDK has anyone worked with it to make complex searches.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDK has anyone worked with it to make complex searches.

I am wondering who has worked with SDK and how difficult it would be to change how the categories worked currently being Queried. I do not have a problem how they are getting indexed just need to modify how they getting searched.

I would like to have categories that could be part of a grouping or a common type (ex. Years,Author,Topic as three different groupings) of selected options that can be evaluated against another grouping of categories.

EX. categories could be 2007,2008,Health,Energy,Chris Csanyi, John Doe.
    SEARCH QUERY

MainSearchBoxHere
    AND (2007 OR 200
    AND (Health)
    AND (Chris Csanyi OR John Doe)

I would love to hear what others have done to use this great tool and made it work with more complex search options.

The search Engine works great and love what it can do out of the box but boss man is trying to get more complex options out of all the nice features you already have.

Thanks Chris

It certainly isn't impossible. I assume that because you are referring to the SDK, that you are looking at modifying the CGI.

You need to be a reasonable C++ coder before even attempting to build the C++. If you are a good C++ coder then I would estimate that you would spend about half a day getting the development environment set up and examining the code. Doing the actual mod and testing it after that might be another half day.

It would also depend if you wanted to change the categories boolean operations on the fly or if it was a hard coded selections. On the fly is harder as you need a user interface to build the query, form changes plus CGI changes. It might be days of work.

Comment

Working...
    X