Page Number Too Big/Build 1016/Binary Upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Number Too Big/Build 1016/Binary Upload

I'm getting that "Page Number Too Big" error I see referenced elsewhere, but I'm running the 1016 build (standard version) and files are uploaded in binary mode. I've manually deleted the zoom files and reindexed, done this both on a local setup and up on the live Internet site to no avail. Any thoughts?

Search for "vendor" at www.cookadvantage.com...

Have you made any modifications to search.asp, settings.asp or any of the other index files? If so, make sure you check with the default script, settings, and index files to ensure that your changes have not broken the script's functionality.

It would appear that there must have been some modifications since the ZDAT files are not located where we expect them to be by default.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I got it to work by starting from scratch as you suggested. I had made changes to search.asp and search_template.asp, but everything had been working for the past couple of months and then just stopped. In fact, when I reimplemented the changes in search.asp, it was exactly the same file that it was before (I ran a compare) and it worked. I did, however recreate all of the .zdat files so maybe something was going on there. In any case, it's working, thanks for the response. I really like the product...

Comment

Glad to hear you've got it working now. If you are sure that your changes did not break the search.asp script, it might be something was wrong with your other index files.

For example, if you are uploading the files yourself, you may have accidentally left some files out, causing the files on your server to be a mixture of old and new index files. We generally recommend using Zoom's in-built uploading feature for this reason, which would make sure all files are uploaded and overwrite older ones.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X