search. cgi unknown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search. cgi unknown

trial and error and eror and erorr - but I ain't giving up. Indexing as cgi under linux and uploaded as binary to public_html and all files set to 755 - when I click on website "search" I get "do you want to save this file or find a program on-line to open it? search.cgi, Unknown file type, 246Kb (this is a test index) Sorry if the answer is somewhere up front in FAQs - I can't see it and after a solid week of trials the head is gummed up. BY the by my server does not permit over 32Mb in PHP method so that's scuppered (after a full 48hours indexing!). Cheers Derek Simpson Mayday mayday

Got it working using cgi-bin which I'll swear didn't work last week - but perhaps I was doing something else utterly dumb. Any how we now have a functioning search. Perhaps framing the question helped me find the answer. Now how to thumbnail 70,000 images ?

Comment

For other people who might read this.
      If you browse to the cgi get a window asking to save or open the search.cgi file, then this means your server is not set up correctly for CGI's. You can also see the same issues with the search.php file if your server doesn't support PHP.

This issue is also covered in this FAQ.
      Q. I've indexed the site, uploaded the files, but I only see the search script code when I open the search page in my browser (or get a prompt asking if i want to download it)

For thumbnails see this FAQ
      Q. How do I resize an image to make a thumbnail?

Comment

Working...
      X