Thumbnails in sub folders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbnails in sub folders?

I have created thumbnails with .thumb suffix in a "thumbnails" folder but search results show empty frames and a flash up mesage "images not available" (I may be paraphrasing !) The thumbnails are in subfolders which match the main image folders - do the thumbnails need to be on the first level of "thumbnails" rather than in subfolders ??

What is the exact file names of the thumbnails?
    Do you realise that the thumbnails need to be an image file?
    e.g. Thumb1.gif or Thumb1.jpg

Having a file called Thumb1.thumb isn't going to work as the browser will not know how to display it.

Comment

You can also right click on the "broken image" frame that the browser displays, and select "Properties" to get the URL of the image that Zoom is linking to. This way you can determine if your thumbnail settings are correct and what you wanted.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

once again I think framing the question has helped me find an answer. thumb.jpg is the suffix - but the sub folders are not identical in the fullsize and thumbnail files - now my problem is moving files in and out of folders at the server end - first time worked ok - now it's putting up a fight - onwards. Thanks for being there with wise words

Comment

Back again - does anyone know how to print out a directory on the server ? I can do screen grabs but it's less than elegant. I need to record what's in annual folders (2005,2006...) in order to reorganize the thumbnails to match. Cheers

Comment

Open a DOS window and do,
            dir > filelisting.txt
            or
            dir /s > filelisting.txt

Comment

Thank you - dos who'd a thought

Comment

Working...
              X