Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javascript method troubles

Basically the problem is this:

I do not have the base url of the site and will not have it as it resides on a intranet behind a firewall, so I used "./" as documented in the Help files. The search button code seems to be correct:

<form method="GET" action="../search.js"> (in the DW template, so the resulting code in the linked pages is "search.js")
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="14" />
    <input type="submit" value="Search" />
    </form>

When I test the button, I get a security dialog asking me if I want to open the file search.js instead of showing me the results page. If I look at the search results page directly, it works fine. The issue seems to be the path to the file...any thoughts?

See this FAQ to create a search form.

The form action should point to search.html and not search.js.

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      See this FAQ to create a search form.

The form action should point to search.html and not search.js.
      I changed the search button code to search.html from search.js - when I enter a word and click on search button I go to the html search results page but it has no entries....what am I missing here? My brains are getting scrambled.

Comment

What exactly was on the results pages?
        Was it totally empty with no text at all?
        Was there a message about no results being found?
        What happens if you search for **, as search for ** should match all words and all pages.
        If you still have a problem can you zip up your files and E-mail us the zip file.

Comment

Working...
        X