X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Console Report Date Range Settings

Hi

We have 2 sites: Public site & Admin site
    We are using the zoomsoft search to index the public site.
    We want to use zoomsoft from the Admin site to run reports in console mode.

I can see that for the most part the zoom.zcfg file generated contains the settings required to do this however i can't see where to enter the date ranges.

i.e. for Top 10 Search Phrases if i want to search for a date range i enter the following line:
    #REPORT_TOP10:4

but i can't see where the date range is stored in the file

The date ranges are not stored in the configuration file because our original intention / focus for this ZCFG file setting was to be used with scheduled jobs, and having a specific date would mean that the configuration would generate the exact same report each time.

In your case, however, I presume you are trying to build a web-based / alternative interface to the Indexer and pass your parameters along in the form a freshly generated ZCFG file so that the dates are actually different each time? We don't really handle this scenario. But you have the other options such as "last 7 days", "last 31 days", etc. that can be specified in the ZCFG file. The ZCFG file format specification is available as part of the Zoom SDK.

With the upcoming V6 release, there will also be a bonus PHP script which can be used to generate live search statistics on the server, without needing to download or process the script locally. The report format will be different from the one the Indexer generates (no pie charts).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yeah Ray you are right.
      I am providing all this through a .Net application witht he cgi version of the reports.
      I guess i just won't be able to offer the users that feature which is a shame really

Comment

Working...
      X