Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are two separate instances possible?

Maybe a silly question, but here goes:-

I'm using NetObjects Fusion10 to develop and have a client site that requires TWO search engines...One for a member only secure section of the site and another for the rest of the site that is public.

Is this possible? Any ideas how?

Paul

Yes, this should be easy to do. Just create two sets of index files in different sub-folders on the server. To do this you'll probably want to create 2 configuration files in Zoom.

Comment

Just to add that - you can control what each of the two configuration files will index by way of having different start directories/URL and different "skip pages" on the "Skip Options" tab of the Configuration window.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ray, Wrensoft,

Apols for not responding sooner...had a prolonged honeymoon

OK, I think I figured this bit out but I do have the added complication that the site is built using NetObjects Fusion 10. And Zoom and Fusion don't make easy partners.

The site is currently working perfectly and (personally) I think the search facility is great but as there is a members only area and they don't want the summaries of the member files showing up on the public side. I could simply limit the search to exclude the 'archive' folder but that then means the members have no way of searching over a 1000 PDF files. So I need two searches - public and members.

Anyone tried this in Fusion?

Paul

Comment

To create 2 search instances, you need 2 Zoom configuration files, each set to index a different set of files (but some overlap is OK). You also need two sub-folders on the server into which you place the 2 sets of index files. This process should be largely independent of what HTML editor you use.

Comment

Working...
          X