Zoom and includes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom and includes

Hi everyone.... Just a quick question, I have the search facility working on a site: I have indexed the site and tested it and its working fine in its basic form.
    The problem I have is ideally I would like to place this search within a pre designed page that I have already constructed. The whole site has been constructed with Freeway which is a compiler. So ideally I would like to either copy and past the code into the artwork or use an includes which I presume would be something like:
    PHP Code:
    <?php include ("search.php"); ?>
    within the page/area that the search facility needs to be

The problem I have is I get an error if I use an includes which is:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/18/1/108/12/1597175/user/1720962/htdocs/searchtest.php:35) in /data/18/1/108/12/1597175/user/1720962/htdocs/searchtest.php on line 112
    Though oddly enough the actual search function is working so my question is how do you reference this correctly?

cheers for any help

I think that you should put somewhere inside your page's code the following tag:
    <!--ZOOMSEARCH-->
    I had the same error and the reason was that I had deleted this tag comment.
    I'm not an expert in this forum though. But you can try it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by ktsixit View Post
      I think that you should put somewhere inside your page's code the following tag:
      <!--ZOOMSEARCH-->
      I had the same error and the reason was that I had deleted this tag comment.
      I'm not an expert in this forum though. But you can try it anyway
      unfortunatly no it didnt work though cheers for the suggestion.

The other odd thing is I am referencing the search.php file in the include line but its seems to be dragging in the "search_template.html" page is that what its supposed to do?

if any one wants to look at it here it is at
      http://www.bestcustomsbrokercourse.com/searchpage.php

Now I have removed the extra tags like body head etc but I still get the error I even moved the styles to an external style sheet too just get the search_template.html as basic as possible but alas nope....so I am stumped a the moment...
      either I am going about it all back to front or I have missed something
      any one know what it is?

max

Comment

If you have PHP scripts that generate the header and footer on your page, then see this FAQ for how to include the search results into an existing script.
        Q. How can I add server-side scripting (eg. PHP, ASP) to the search template?

Comment

Regarded the warning message, this is because you're missing the step regarding the "Disable charset enforcing on search script" setting in the abovementioned FAQ.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
            Regarded the warning message, this is because you're missing the step regarding the "Disable charset enforcing on search script" setting in the abovementioned FAQ.
            after it was pointed out I can now see it in the manual too!!!
            thanks for pointing it out its working fine now

max

Comment

Had similar problem,thanks~

study in china

Comment

Working...
              X