Spry Menu problem & ZOOMSTOP tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spry Menu problem & ZOOMSTOP tags

I have created a site in Dreamweaver CS3 and used the Spry Menu Bar, and cannot seem to stop Zoom indexing the words in the menu bar.

I tried using the <!ZOOMStop--> code around the menu bar but this didn't work.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Sarah

Did you put <!--ZOOMSTOP--> at the beginning then <!--ZOOMRESTART--> at the end?

Bob
    Robert Isaac
    Volvo Owners Club

Comment

If it still doesn't work for you can you post a the URL for the page in question so we can see how you have used the tags.

See also this FAQ
      Q. How do I prevent parts of my webpage from being indexed (eg. exclude navigation menus, or page footers)?

Comment

Spry menu bar - div tag

I tried moving the Zoom stop / restart code into the div tag Dreamweaver put the menu bar in, and it now works.

Thanks for your help though!

Sarah

Comment

Sarah, are you saying this did not work :

<!--ZOOMSTOP>
          <div>
          menu code
          </div>
          <!--ZOOMRESTART-->

But this did:

<div>
          <!--ZOOMSTOP-->
          menu code
          <!--ZOOMRESTART-->
          </div>

Bob
          Robert Isaac
          Volvo Owners Club

Comment

I can't clarify what Sarah meant, but the above two examples would not make a difference. The initial problem was most likely caused by not realizing where or what code is injected into the page by Dreamweaver, and having incorrectly placed tags.

Generally, if you're using something like Dreamweaver to insert code for menus, navigation bars, etc. it is often a good idea to check the resultant HTML by doing a "View Source" from an external web browser such as IE. This way you can see what the end result look like, rather than trying to guess what code is put where.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X