Kaspersky Internet Security - Failed to read plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaspersky Internet Security - Failed to read plugin

I have just updated my Kaspersy Internet Security to version 8.0.0.506. When I ran Zoom indexer it would not read any of the binary files - Failed to read plugin supported binary file.

I reinstalled all the plugins but it did not fix it.

I then checked all the KIS permissions to ensure the plugins were included in the Low Restricted category. That did not fix it.

I disabled both Application Filtering and Proactive Defense in KIS before the indexer would work OK. This was on my Vista SP1 machine.

I ran the indexer on my XP Pro SP3 machine and had the same issues, but not as bad, it indexed some binaries, but not all.

Most strange.

Anyone else using KIS 8.0.0.506?

Bob
    Robert Isaac
    Volvo Owners Club

It is probably this known issue with the Vista indexing service and some anti-virus software.

We have put a work around for this in V6 of the software. In V6 if we find files locked by external applications, the indexer will wait for a while and then re-attempt to open the file. So the anti-virus software will then just slow things down rather than provoking an error.

Comment

I think in this case it is the latest KIS release, as Zoom indexed OK before that.

Bob
      Robert Isaac
      Volvo Owners Club

Comment

Working...
      X