FTP problems ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP problems ...

I'm trying to upload the software to the server and am getting the following error message:

FTP connect failed: Could not connect to specified server. Check server and login information.

I'm able to log into the server with this same information via FTP Pro, so I can't figure out why the Zoom isn't able to gain access with the same info. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Any ideas how to troubleshoot? I'm using the ASP version of the zoom search. Thanks for your help!

Misty

Are you sure your login and password are correctly entered? Note that they are case sensitive so upper and lower case differences are important.

Another thing to check - do you have a particularly long username or password? I believe there is a limit of 20 characters for each at the moment. If you continue to have problems, you can contact us by e-mail and send us a copy of your .zcfg file.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Perfect! We DID have a long password. Once we changed that, all was fine.

One more question: I'd like to use this search tool on all the sites that I develop; it's great. Will the Zoom search that comes up in the control panel allow me to program indexing for multiple sites? Also, for some sites, we'll need to upgrade. Will I be able to do this all from one control panel? How do you recommend that I proceed?

I appreciate your help! LOVE this search tool.

Misty

Comment

Glad to hear that fixed it. We may need to extend the possible length of the username and password in the next build, and give the user warning if they enter something too long.

The Zoom Indexer application (the one on your desktop) can be used to index multiple sites. We recommend using a seperate configuration file (.zcfg file) per site. This would allow you to simply load up the configuration for the site that you wish to index, and it would have all the correct start folder, output folder, and FTP information, etc. for that specific site. You can even schedule each site to be automatically indexed and uploaded to their respective servers at different times.

For more information, see the chapters on "Configuring Zoom" and "Scheduling and automatic indexing" in our Users Guide:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/usersguide.html

And yes, with the Professional Edition of Zoom, you can specify different limits per site. So you can have one site which only indexes up to 100 pages, and another which indexes over 50,000 pages.

The following FAQ may also help if you are wondering how the license applies to multiple sites:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...s.html#license
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X