Issues after upgrading RoboHelp X5 to RoboHelp 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues after upgrading RoboHelp X5 to RoboHelp 8

I have two issues with my merged WebHelp project since upgrading from RoboHelp X5 to RoboHelp 8 (XP SP2, Zoom JavaScript output):

1. All Descriptions are preceded by a question mark (?).

2. Any instance of "</a>, " is interpreted in the Description as " , " (the "</a>" is turned into a space).

Number 1 is new, whereas number 2 is a regression from a previous Zoom version (a forum thread from two years ago).

Since RH8 is xml-based, would upgrading to Zoom 6 take care of these issues?

(As an aside, RH8 no longer strips the STOP and RESTART tags, so I can now index the output files directly.)

Leon

Can you provide us with a sample HTML page to demonstrate the issue. Tell us exactly what word to search for on that page which shows the question marks and the "," in place of "</a>" in the descriptions.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Issues importing RH 5 project into RH 8

Hello...I have been away from robohelp for awhile and now am working to import a very large existing project in RH 5 into RH 8. After compiling, I can no longer make changes to the new project in WinHelp, HTML Help, or WebHelp. We are looking to purchase helpdesk support (we don't have it yet). For security protection, a number of firewalls are up and am wondering if those are preventing this import being successful. Comments?

Comment

Sorry bobbie, I'm afraid you're posting in the wrong forum. This is the Wrensoft forum for our Zoom Search Engine product. This thread discusses the use of Zoom with RoboHelp. We are not in a position to help with (nor do we know anything about) the general usage of RoboHelp. You should contact Adobe instead.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

If you have a small web site you can just use the free edition.
          See this comparison.

Comment

Upgrade to RH 9

I too have upgraded my RoboHelp, but from V5 to V9. I also get the '?' in my results. Is there any way to fix? Sorry if this obvious but did not see it in the forum. Using V 5.1 of Zoom.

Comment

Can you provide us with a sample HTML page to demonstrate the issue. Tell us exactly what word to search for on that page which shows the question marks.

Comment

Thanks, I have emailed info to the address shown earlier in the thread.

Comment

Confirmed via email that the question marks were caused by UTF-8 BOMs (Byte Order Marks), and this issue was addressed back in V6.0 build 1014.
                  --Ray
                  Wrensoft Web Software
                  Sydney, Australia
                  Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
                  X