ASP.NET results not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP.NET results not showing

Using version 6 of the application I am trying to embed a search facility on a ASP.NET website.

I have installed the ASP.NET native control on the server and followed all instructions required.

The form shows on the page but on applying a search no results are shown, the input fields are cleared and no errors are shown.

The site has been indexed and in the folder I have;

bin(folder) with ZoomASPX.dll
    search.aspx
    search_template.aspx
    settings.zdat
    zoom_dictionary.zdat
    zoom_pagedata.zdat
    zoom_pageinfo.zdat
    zoom_pagetext.zdat
    zoom_spelling.zdat
    zoom_wordmap.zdat

The server is running IIS 6.

I can't show the page as the site is behind a secure login.

Your description of the files all seem normal and I don't see anything obviously unusual.

How big is the index you are using? (ie. how many files indexed and how many unique words?) If it is quite big, you may want to try a smaller index of 50 or so pages and see if there is any difference in behaviour.

Also, make sure you are using the latest build of the Indexer and ASP.NET Server Control available.

If none of the above change anything, ZIP up your search files (the aforementioned ZDAT and ASPX files) and e-mail them to us.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ray, I've emailed you the zipped file as instructed. I tried various combinations as suggested and downloaded the latest versions of the software still with no joy.

Regards

Rob

Comment

Thankyou for your prompt response.

I have tried all variations now including cgi with no luck, I have now reverted back to ASP.NET - VB. I took it back to the start and again followed all instructions.

Using the Users Guide from http://www.wrensoft.com/ftp/zoom.pdf I followed all directions and eventually got the error below;

Content-type: text/html Unable to open settings.zdat or file is invalid.
        Check file permissions and that file exists

..so I know the control is working and then proceeded to index the website, all with no issues. Navigating to the search.aspx page I see the search form but again when I enter a query the page reverts back to it’s intial state with the text box cleared.

I would like to give access to the server but I’m sure you could understand my reluctance, you would be the same if I requested access to your own.

Any further ideas would be appreciated.

Comment

Rob - I responded to your email of the same message as the above on 4/Jun/09. Check your spam filters if you didn't see it.

I quote my email response below:
          It should be very easy to have the Classic ASP search working on the server if your server has Classic ASP support enabled. Have you checked with your server administrator that Classic ASP is enabled? Note that this is an entirely different feature than ASP.NET. Note also that you need to re-index and use different search files for Classic ASP than the ones creatd for ASP.NET.

You could also provide more information as to what happened and what did not work when you tried CGI. There is extensive information on how to setup binary CGI support on IIS here:
          http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_cgi_iis.html
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X