many categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• many categories

I want to divide the index into several thousands of categories, but it is too long for a drop down list or check boxes. Is it possible for zoom to add a category textbox search with some functionality of the ComboBox similar to this?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpf/thread/15a0317c-7168-4484-b6fa-e06332261a6b

another method:

http://bytes.com/groups/javascript/93715-write-into-drop-down-box-possible

Comment

You can create your own search form in HTML in any way you like.
      Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)

But I wonder if perhaps you should be considering the Custom Meta Field option and having a Text data field, instead of using Categories. This gives you a text field to enter in, and allows for either a partial or exact text search, rather than a list of predefined values (when there is over a thousand, it doesn't really serve much purpose to have them pre-defined IMO).
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Will it be possible for the custom meta search to search the url? The category patterns are contained in the urls not in the meta information inside each page.

Comment

No. It sounds like what you want to do is really search by URL, but this isn't a built-in feature at the moment (I think we had one other request for it in the past).

If the pages are programatically generated (e.g. dynamic pages), then would it be possible to change the scripts such that the necessary meta information is specified inside the page instead of relying on the URL?
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X