dreamweaver ext V5 - V6 upgrade instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dreamweaver ext V5 - V6 upgrade instructions

I have not been able to find instructions for upgrade of V5 to V6 dreamweaver ext.
    I have .zcfg files created by V5 that I do not want to lose during the upgrade process.
    1. Where are these files in vista with dreamweaver cs3 so I can back them up?
    2. Should I uninstall the zoomsearch.mxp from V5 before I attempt to install zoomsearch.mxp for V6?
    3. Will this delete the V5 .zcfg files?

I think upgrade instructions for both the standalone version and the dreamweaver ext are called for, it would only take a couple of sentences and would prevent this uncertainty.
    With all other help files and how-tos being so comprehensive and clear it seems strange that this basic guide is missing.

1.) The .ZCFG files are where you saved them. It depends on what folder you selected when you hit "File"->"Save config file As". If you've forgotten where they are, you can try loading some of them up from the "File"->"Recent configurations" option and checking the folder path there.

2.) Yes, it would help if you uninstall the V5 dreamweaver extension before installing the V6 dreamweaver extension.

3.) No, the installation process does not remove the ZCFG files. You can always back them up before hand to be safe.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you Raymond for your reply.
      I found my old zcfg files in;
      C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamwea ver 9\Configuration\Zoom Search Engine\
      , which is where all zoomsearch dreamweaver extension for V5 files were and is where all the zoomsearch dreamweaver extension for V6 were installed to.
      Because the default zcfg file zoom.zcfg is opened from here, this becomes the default save location folder for zcfg files.
      I had removed the V5 dreamweaver extension and can confirm that the zcfg files it had created remained after this. When the new dreamweaver extension was installed it installed to this same folder and the old zcfg were available for loading.
      All is well.

Comment

Working...
      X