Searching PowerPoint .pps and .ppsx files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching PowerPoint .pps and .ppsx files

My website contains .pps and .ppsx files, as well as .ppt and .pptx files. The latter are indexed but not the .pps and .ppsx files. I have version 6.0 Professional and have downloaded the latest plugins. I have configured Zoom to include these files in the search. The log reflects this but yet does not index the .pps and .ppst files. How do I index the .pps and .ppsx files?

.pps files should be OK. As should .ppt and .pptx files.

But I suspect we have not looked at .ppsx.

We'll see what is required to support this, and update this post next week.

Comment

Both PPS and PPSX files are supported.

However, the current build is not recognizing ".ppsx" as a standard Office 2007 extension. So it is likely to have selected "Powerpoint" as a file type for this file extension.

The correct extension for ".ppsx" files is "Office 2007 file". To correct this, remove the ".ppsx" entry under "Configure"->"Scan options". Click "Add" and re-enter ".ppsx" but this time, change the dropdown box to "Office 2007 file".

Once you have done this, save your configuration and you should be able to index PPSX files without problems. This bug will be addressed in the next build (V6.0 build 1016) so that the above step is not necessary.

As mentioned above ".pps" files should always index okay so there's probably some other reason here. Check your index log for the actual error or problem and get back to us.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X