Multiple Zoomwords meta tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Zoomwords meta tags

In HTML, I know that when using multiple <meta name="keywords"> tags the keywords are viewed as cumulative, i.e. all listed keywords that are in all keyword meta tags are indexed.

Is this true for Zoom using the Zoomwords meta tag?

Our pages are auto generated from database content and we use variables to pull information from the database and place the Zoomwords tags on the html page such as:

<meta name="ZOOMWORDS" content="bov9.jpg">
    <meta name="ZOOMWORDS" content="bov9">
    <meta name="ZOOMWORDS" content="ultrasound, ultrasonography">

We use the synonym capability in Zoom whenever we can, but we also have an extensive list of keywords for use by our Guide editors to choose from when they wish to augment a search for a subject and the extra words needed are not in the text on the page.

We also want our users to be able to search for a page which displays a specific image (by image name) but without requiring the use of wildcards (like bov9.*) or complete file name (like bov9.jpg), ergo the first two zoomword tags.

Yes, we could create new variables and code to generate a combination meta tag that puts all keywords in, but we already have variables that deliver the information as shown above.

Will Zoom index all the tags?

Thanks a bunch,

Gwen
    drostproject.vetmed.ufl.edu

No, multiple ZOOMWORDS tags are not cumulated.

It is debatable whether meta keywords tags themselves are cumulated. I guess it depends on what application/context you are talking about. Google and most Internet-wide search engines ignore all meta keywords tags in most situations.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X