Custom Meta tags on a custom search page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Meta tags on a custom search page

Is it possible to create custom meta tag controls in a customized search page, I am trying to create a check box multi select instead of the list box.

Yes, you can define your own search form as described here:
    Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)

For the syntax of the custom meta tags, you could "View source" the generated search form and copy that accordingly.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      Yes, you can define your own search form as described here:
      Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)

For the syntax of the custom meta tags, you could "View source" the generated search form and copy that accordingly.
      Hi Raymond,

I copied the source onto my search template and tested out the local site, custom tags appears as its supposed to appear but only downfall being on selecting a particular entry from the list and on clicking the submit button the selection never gets retained. Results are displayed correctly but only the selection of the custom meta tags aren't retained.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately this is the disadvantage to a custom search form rather than a generated one. If you really want to retain the value, you would have to write additional scripting (either Javascript or server-side) to process the parameters in the URL and populate the boxes accordingly.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X