incremental indexing adding pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incremental indexing adding pages

I used this command to add 100000 single pages to the index, but the indexer did not seem to import all the pages and the file indexed counter went back to 0 when the incremental indexing started.

zoomindexer.exe -s c:\index\zoom.zcfg -addpages c:\index\2.txt

Can you provide more information. Do you have logging enabled, and are you logging error and warning messages? This should tell you what has happened. Send this file to us.

What is the contents of "C:\index\2.txt"? Can you send this to us?

What version and build of Zoom are you using? Are you using the latest?

What is your indexer configuration? Send the ZCFG file to us as well.

If the existing index (that you are incrementally adding to) is not too big, zip up the files and send them to us too so we can have a chance at reproducing the problem.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I am using v6.0 1015. The counter error has nothing to do with my settings and urls. I tested it with other urls and the default settings and got the same results.

Comment

Since it is incremental, it means you have to be adding the 100,000 pages to an existing index. What is this existing index you are adding to, and how many pages does it contain? Are you adding to the same existing index in both of your tests?

It doesn't make sense to claim that this is "default settings" considering it depends on what you are incrementally adding to. Are you adding 100,000 pages to a 50 page index? Or to a 1,000,000 page index? What about the unique words count?

We need the files requested in my previous post to investigate this issue.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X