PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

meta image show default if none (asp classic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meta image show default if none (asp classic)

This may seem weird but I'll try to describe it.

With my asp store each item in my inventory has the same page with a query (.../itemdesc.asp?=itemcode....) alternately almost all of my images associated with each item have the same name as the item code.

We have used the zoom image meta tag in the head of the itemdesc.asp page to display the path to the thumbnail image for that item.

Code:
    <meta name="ZOOMIMAGE" content="/mmIH/Images/th_<%=sIc %>.jpg"/>
    <%=sIc %> would be the item code..when the page is displayed the tag shows
    .../Images/th_myitemcode.jpg which zoom uses

This works great for items with images (over 6000 of them), zoom pulls them from the tag just fine.

However when I don't have an image for the item (about 600 items) the asp code in the head tag will display the item (.../Images/th_myitemcode2.jpg) but I don't have an image named myitemcode2.jpg and zoom just displays no image

Can I get zoom to display a default image if it doesn't find a working one in the zoomimage tag?

nevermind. I changed my asp code to display the image or a default image. I'm still curious if zoom can achieve this though

Comment

You can ask Zoom to check the existance of every thumbnail file before it uses the link ("Configure"->"Spider options"->"Check thumbnails exists on website before using URL"). But this is a waste of indexing time and requires Zoom to make a request to your web server per URL. And even then, it will either not use the thumbnail specified (because it determined it doesn't exist) or it will use it (if it exists). It won't revert to a default image.

It makes much more sense to have your script specify the correct image in the first place.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X