Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe character not being displayed in title of search results

Dear Wrensoft Stuff!

I buy licence key of Professional edition. The engine brilliant, it's ok. Although I noticed an interesting thing I do not understand.

Example. This is Facebook title section: Welcome to Facebook! | Facebook
    Search only in so much of it: Welcome to Facebook!

Problem in title the vertical line character? I looked around the zoom_pagedata.zdat and roughly understand the problem.

What can I do to avoid it, and it is clearly part of the title?

Sorry my poor english!

Regards: Roland

I think you are saying that the title of your pages doesn't reflect the page title displayed in the search results?

Can you post the actual URL for the source page? And the URL for your search function.

Comment

First thank you the quick reply!

This is my search page: http://www.szimat.net and this is my result: http://szimat.net/search?q=szimat

It can be seen that disappeared after the Szimat subtitles part.

Search design I changed, but the problem is before it existed.

Szimat = Flair

Comment

You have obviously customised our script (and probably wrapped it up in your own script as well).

If I do a search for "Kennel" then you get just an error. This indicates that either
        1) You have a corrupted set of index files
        AND / OR
        2) You have modified our script and broken it.

Can you try using our default script.

Comment

Before this change was the problem. Whatever. Will remain so ... Thank you for your responses.

Comment

I think there may be a problem. But it is not certain. One more thing. I tried this "& #124;" in the title of the page, but this did not help. Of course, there is no space after the & character, but only because it allows the post.
            Last edited by OlarO; Jun-27-2009, 12:26 PM.

Comment

There is no problem with the format of the pagedata file. Nor understand why you think there is a problem with it.

We don't really have time to debug your code. So I again suggest reverting to our default script (and then generate a clean set of index files to clean up the likely index corruption).

If you don't want to do this, then you'll just need to debug your own code.

Comment

Okay. Tested in a completely "virgin" search engines, and to see whether there is the problem then.

Comment

Try again

I uninstall zoom and setup new no edited zoom engine. Look the result title:

http://szimat.net/zoom/search.php?zoom_sort=0&zoom_query=szimat&zoom_per_ page=10&zoom_and=1

Again no vertical line.

Comment

Thanks for that. I (finally) understand what you are talking about.

You are saying that the source HTML page uses a pipe character, "|", in the <title> tag and that this pipe character, and all the text after the pipe, is not being displayed in the search results.

We'll take a closer look at get back to you. I'll also edit the title of this thread so that it makes some sense.

Comment

Ok. This character (|) UTF-8 name Vertical line.

Yes, exactly. If the title "pipe" character is not displayed. Then, this problem can be solved? Or perhaps there will be an improved version that can be downloaded?

Comment

We have confirmed that this is a problem in the current release (V6.0 build 1016).

We've previously tried to fix this. There are various vertical line characters that are mapped to a pipe character, and we have added handling for it in a previous build. Unfortunately, there was a bug in the handling which let slip a couple of the scenarios without applying the necessary entity conversion. This is one of them.

So this will be fixed in the next release (V6.0 build 1017) and pipe characters should not be a problem again.
                        --Ray
                        Wrensoft Web Software
                        Sydney, Australia
                        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Great idea Ray!

Thank you for the correct approach. That should be all the support.

Comment

Working...
                          X