Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline mode - 500 server error

Hi,
    just upgraded from V4 to V6 in honour of getting my new Vista PC but I'm having some problems.

I'm using the php framework and uploading via ftp using zoom itself. If I use the online spider mode everything works OK, it just takes a while and some of the larger PDFs are un-indexed but if I use offline mode (which I'd prefer) I get a 500 internal server error

Anyone have any ideas?

When does this occur? When you try and view the search form, or after doing a search. Does it happen for all search terms or just a few?

Can you try and index just a small number of files in offline mode (e.g. 5 - 10 files) to see if the problem is related to the size of the index. Then post the results.

Comment

Found the little trickster!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

I excluded a few file extensions to work out that the problem was with PDFs, then methodically exluded those 'til I narrowed it down to a single PDF. If I include it in the search, I get the 500 error, exclude it and everything is fine.

The thing is that there's nothing particularly odd about the PDF in question except that it's over 5Mb (though my no means the largest on the site), but it does contain 128 pages. Could this be the problem, and if so why does this genereate the error?

Comment

This is not normal at all.
        Are you sure? I still suspect it might be size. Can you E-mail us this PDF file, or post a link to it so we can take a look at it.

It might also be good if you zip up the set of index files that is causing the 500 error and E-Mail them to us.

Comment

Working...
        X