Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Encoding Issues

Hi all,

I've been working with zoom enterprise at work for the past month, and I find it is great software. I have it pretty much doing what I want, except for one odd occurrence involving encoding.

The site that Zoom indexes is basically a glorified file directory (basically, lists all files and folders in a directory, and allows a user to either download a file or navigate into another folder). We use Zoom to basically index those documents so users can find information more easily. We run on the CGI platform and index in offline mode (as we are only interested in indexing the contents of the files). If a file or folder contains a special character, such as punctuation, Zoom treats it in one of three ways:

1. Pretty much all special characters in fiile/folder names are not encoded, but work fine
    2. Zoom encodes & ^ [ ] { } ` and they work fine
    3. Zoom does not encode % #, and they break the link (as they have special URL meanings).

My question is, is there any way to fix #3 that anyone knows about? That is, either a setting I can change, or a method to force zoom to encode those characters in the link. Or any other possible work-around.

My other option is to not allow users to upload files/folders with either a % or # in the name, and I might have to go to that, but it would be really great if users were not restricted with file naming.

Thanks for any help you can give.

We have confirmed that this is a bug in the current release. The problem only exhibits itself when indexing in Offline Mode because you can't have a URL link with "%" and "#" in the filename at all (so all links would already be using encoded versions of the filenames).

This will be fixed in the next release (V6.0 build 1017).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply. You have been most helpful .

Comment

Working...
      X