Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing Question

Hi,

I have downloaded the free version and installed it in my website and I love it. However i have a question regarding indexing. when I did run indexing for the first time, it reported 42 html files found or indexed. Now I added html pages on my website and as I have understood, I have to re run indexing. Now I am confused this time beucase it reported only 15 html files. I reuploaded the files and when trying to test the search function in my website, I noticed some keywords which previously are found are already reported as Not Found in the search result. Also the new pages I added are not included or doing a search for some keywords in the new pages came out as Not Found.

I would love to purchase the Professional version but I need to still understand some things. Can you enlighten me on this?

Are you using spider mode or offline mode? For spider mode, please see the following FAQ:
    Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

If you are using offline mode, see the following:
    Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?

Verify whether the pages are being skipped from indexing and whether there's a reason given. Or perhaps, if you are using spider mode, you've changed something on the page which was previously important to provide links for the spider to find your other pages.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for the reply. One question if I purchased the Professional version, will the "Powered by" line removed also?

Thanks.

Comment

The "Powered by" line can be removed via the Indexer configuration panel ("Search Page"->"Show Zoom info")
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Just want to let you know that I purchased the professional licence and I love it.

Thanks!

Comment

That's great! Thanks for the feedback. It's always good to hear that people are finding the product useful.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yeah its actually awesome Ray. Actually I prefer indexing using the offline mode as it seems to result more accurately. I used the search script in a website which I just start to develop. You can see it in action http://www.boholtravelguide.com/.

As I will go on developing the website Im sure I would discover other killer features of the script. I started going through the HELP files of the script.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X