• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing search entry box

Missing search entry box

I've done something here but just cannot see the fault
    I had it ok last night but I must have edited something
    and I can't see what!

http://peaktorial.co.uk/Wrensoft/Zoom%20Search%20Engine%20Indexer/search.asp

You've removed the <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> tag from the search_template.html file. This is required to declare where your search form, results, etc. will be rendered on your page.

Please see chapter 6 of the Users Guide for more information.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

just one &lt;!--ZOOMSEARCH--&gt;

I looked on the search template and there is <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> at the bottom of the page just inside the body tag.
      I've tried adding another in various places but still nothing

Comment

I just checked, despite what you claim, the ZOOMSEARCH tag is missing. You must have deleted it.

Comment

all form missing

The tag is there --- its the whole form thats gone -- I was just about there
          with the configuring but I must have screwed up somewhere
          I copied the full [ form ---- form ] part from your sourcecode in the wrensoft website and pasted that in and that cured it.
          But on a search now I get the dreaded 404 page error.

Not sure if I have really screwed the search template
          I may have to start again with a new one.
          If so how do you generate a fresh new search template

Comment

Hi,

The major problem I see with your site is that even though your search is located at .../wrensoft/zoom search indexer/search.asp, your form is posting to /search.php. This page probably does not exist which causes your 404 error.

There are likely a few things that could cause this, but the only two which come to mind for me are:
            1. you physically changed the search.asp page, which hard-linked it to /search.php
            2. possibly you have reindexed a few times, with different technologies, or moved some files around which caused something unexpected to occur.

The best bet to fix this is to archive any and all search files you have going and do a reindex of your site. Basically, move all search files you have to some different directory and do a fresh reindex. This will automatically create a new template page for you as well.

Comment

Thanks
              Done that and things are back to what they were
              But oddly my old edited search page is still present on the server
              even though the new one has been produced and uploaded.
              The old search page is stuck on the server and not being overwritten.

Comment

Do you mean your search.asp page or your search_template.html page. Zoom will not overwrite a search_template.html file if it exists. So chances are, if you were reindexing the files to the same area you originally indexed, you already had the search_template.html file, so Zoom would not generate another one for you. If you need another one, move/delete the original file and then reindex. A new file should be created for you.

Comment

sorted

When I uploaded the whole zoom search files back to my server
                  I finished up with 2 instances in different directories
                  and deleting one instance has cured the problem.
                  I have it back to where I was so its OK
                  many thanks to all who have assisted

Comment

Working...
                  X