Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Box Disappears when I post online

Hi all!

I am new to this site and software so am just beginning to learn...

I am trying to create an internet shopping website for a research project that requires a product search function (hence Zoom). My problem occurs when I upload the webpages online to a server. The search function seems to work properly when I test it locally but not online. I have put the search box into a div but when i test it online the page displays a 'The webpage cannot be found - 404' error in the div where the search box should be. The results page appears ok, but when I click on the link the html page appears but without the search box. I am trying to create each page so that it has a search box in it. I used the javascript version first to test that the search functionality was working but now when I try to upload it to an online website it fails! Argh, I am not sure what to do. I am trying to use the php version which is for webpages that are already online but I am not sure if that's what the problem is. If anyone can give me some advice I would be greatly appreciative!

Regards - Simon

This is the address of one of the pages as an example of what I am talking about....

http://www.simonwongart.com/html/cereal_a.html

I don't understand the need for the iframe on the home page. At the moment the iframe generates the 404 error, as the path to the file in the iframe is not correct (the file referenced doesn't exist).

Instead of the iframe, just use plain old HTML to create a search form. See these FAQ for details.
    Q. How do I add search boxes to my web pages?

Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)

Comment

Working...
    X