Windows Hosting with Zoom Search V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Hosting with Zoom Search V6

One of our clients' websites is hosted via Windows & uses Zoom Search. Or at least it did...
    http://NambourChamber.com.au
    After a recent FTP update, I'm getting the following error message on a bloank browser window when I do a test search on the live site >>
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in D:\hshome\nambour\nambourchamber.com.au\html\searc h.php on line 3114
    Does it have something to do with the remote directory path for the searchwords.log or Zoom Highlight function?
    Has the hosting company changed something on their Windows server that I need to check with them about, that affects the Zoom php function.
    I've tried setting the path to /nambour/nambourchamber.com.au/html/logs/searchwords.log
    & also ../html/logs/searchwords.log but I'm still getting the error.
    Or is it connected with the version of PHP on the Windows server?
    As you know, I'm not a code junkie so I use Zoom because for our clients' needs generally we don't have to fiddle under the hood.
    Do you need more detail from me? Can you suggest a starting point for a solution? Thanks for your assistance here.

See this FAQ
    Q. "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION..." or similar error message

Comment

As per your Zoom Support - Platforms webpage about PHP, I created the test.php file, uploaded it to the server & ran it to find out that the PHP version is indeed PHP4.4.7.
      Thanks for giving me this Help link, which I've copied into an email to our web hosting provider. We'll wait to see what they say. At least all our other sites are on Apache/Linux servers with PHP 5. Again, much appreciated for your tech support, David, especially on Friday night! Cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X