Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoom_xml has less info than html one

I have upgraded from version 4.2 pro to version 6.0 build:1018
    I am using the ASP.NET wrapper to execute the CGI.

When I perform a search with multiple words and 'any search words' - the summary result in the html format will be something like the following:
    'No results found containing all search terms. 100 results found containing some search terms.'
    or
    '10 results found containing all search terms. 50 results found containing some search terms.'
    but in the xml result I can only find the total results returned in the opensearch:totalResults element/tag.
    Does the xml version have a corresponding element/tag for 'Results found containing all search terms' and/or 'Results containing some search terms'?

Also when using a word in the skip word list the html version will return in the summary something like the following:
    'The following word(s) are in the skip word list and have been omitted from your search: theword'
    In the xml version I can not find a skip word list element/tag which is being displayed in the html version.

Is there a configuration setting I have to enable to get the above information in the xml version?

Thanks for your help.

No, neither of the above values are currently provided in the XML output.

Part of the problem is that the XML output follows OpenSearch specification, and there are no corresponding fields for these values in the specs (at least, that was the case the last time we checked). To provide all the information in the HTML output, we would need to specify more custom tags (which we are already doing for things like context description and categories).

We will add this on our list of things to consider for V7.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

oh well - so when do you expect v7 to be rolling out of your doors?

If it does get into the next version, that would be good.
      On deliberation, if only one of these gets through to the xml output, I believe the 'omitted skip word list' would be of more benefit.

So is this a good time to specify a wish list for v7

Comment

We don't have any set date for V7 yet, and we are still in the early stages of implementing and planning various new features. So yes, absolutely, this is a good time for a V7 wish list. You might even want to start a new thread for it ... we would love to hear and gauge user demand for various requests. Our priority tends to go towards what is most demanded (and of course, what is practical/possible).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X