PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to create simple search box with asp.net?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to create simple search box with asp.net?

Hi,

I have installed and have working an asp.net installation on my webserver. Now, I want to make a small, simple search box, as described on this page, that can be viewed from the header on all of my pages.

However, i'm confused about what the code for the search box should be. The only example I can find is from this page:

Code:
    <form method="get" action="search.php">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20" />
    <input type="submit" value="Search" />
    </form>
    The FAQ gives changes required if you are using asp. But I'm not sure how to change this code since i'm using asp.net and don't have a search.asp or search.aspx file to reference in the form.

Thanks,

Marc

For ASP.NET you need to use search.aspx in the action.

You should have a search.aspx if you have followed the installtion instructions in the User's Guide. See the section titled "Installing the ASP.NET native control".

Comment

Resolved: how to create simple search box with asp.net?

Thanks for the fast reply. Continually amazed at how quickly you get back to folks in these forums.

In my case, I'm sorry I wasted your time. Your post triggered me to investigate my install. What I have been doing in my website design is making new version of the website in consecutively numbered new folders. for each revision, I copy over the 'bin' folder with zoomaspx.dll and had copied over the search.aspx file also. However, in the latest version, I forgot to copy over the search.aspx file. stupid. total picnic (Problem In Chair Not In Computer).

-Marc

Comment

Working...
      X