Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aspx results page loses all graphics in firefox

Hi,

I'm using zoom search on IIS with the aspx search results page "search.aspx". I've added the aspx code shown below to an aspx results page that has a bunch of graphic elements on it.

Code:
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="ZoomASPX" Namespace="ZoomASPX" Assembly="ZoomASPX" %>

<ZoomASPX:ASPXSearch id="ASPXSearch" runat=server/>

The results page works fine in Internet Explorer 7 and 8 (as shown here )

However, in Firefox 5x on pc and mac, and safari on pc and mac, none of the graphics on the page show up as shown here

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marc
    Last edited by shecter; Dec-08-2009, 07:52 PM. Reason: changing title to add in Resolved.

If you are just outputing plain HTML and CSS from your .NET code, then it will look pretty much the same in both browsers.

Clearly this is not the case however and we don't have access to your code. So you are just going to need to have a careful look at the HTML code coming from the page to see what Firefox doesn't like.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what to look for in the code to determine "what firefox doesn't like." I'll foward the search page's code via your support mechanism

-Marc
      Last edited by shecter; Dec-08-2009, 06:44 PM. Reason: changed how i'm going to foward him the code

Comment

If you can't spot the error just by looking at the HTML code. Run the page through a HTML validator,
        http://validator.w3.org/

Also consider the possibility that your .NET code is returning different content for different browsers.

Comment

[Resolved]

I found the error. It was in the search_template.html that the zoom software created. line 76:

Code:
          <body
          onload="if (document.getElementById('zoom_searchbox')) {document.getElementById('zoom_searchbox').focus();}">
          I changed it to a standard
          Code:
          <body>
          and now my firefox version and IE versions both work equally good.

-Marc
          Last edited by shecter; Dec-08-2009, 07:52 PM. Reason: wanted to show this was resolved.

Comment

This change only would not effect the rendering of images in FireFox. So there must be more to it than this.

The code you sent was 800 lines long, with 20 different Javascript scripts on the single page! So there is plenty of scope for these scripts to interfere with each other and mess up the rendering of the page. The page also fails HTML validation. But if it now works, it might be easier to ignore the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X