Pro Tips Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Tips Section

I was wondering if a "tips & tricks" section is in existence. I searched and did not find it if so.
    I have some tricks and tips to share.
    And would like to see others do the same.

Is it possible to start a sub forum or cat. for this sort of thing.
    I guess I could just post them. But thought a dedicated section could be better

Some of the things I have done using Zoom include:
    Utilizing the index and search to output XML sheets for Cooliris and Tilt viewer.
    Also to output results as PHP includes <?php include ("result") ?> .
    And output results as an image gallery plus a few more.

Regards

Also to output results as PHP includes <?php include ("result") ?>
    See also this FAQ about including search results in PHP other pages.

And output results as an image gallery
    See also this old post about displaying images in a grid layout.

Comment

Nothing important.

Yea who really want to learn anything here anyway.
      Those articles are great. But my zoom OUTPUT pages. Really have nothing to do with any SSI (include). And the image gallery is nice. But Like the title states "Pro Tips".

I just thought Having a Section where tips and tricks could be something beneficial to the forum.

What I was trying to get started was a place where the zoom manual did not dictate everything. Their are more things that zoom can be used for then documented in this forum. I have read the manual. It's lacking to say the least.

Only reason I am even replying with any attitude is just for the fact. You were so quick to say no and give me negative BS. Then quote what I said as If I was the idiot.

Search this forum for XML. NONE

I won't get into detail about what I had mentioned about custom output pages.
      But they were not simple Css "tricks" . I wrote them output zooms index results
      Into a XML page that was formatted to work with Cooliris and another was written to work in Tiltviewer. I know how easy. But I will bet you that some of your customers have and will spend countless hours hand coding xml. When they could have been informed
      and given a search that would have worked as is with there current search indexes.

I know the scripts were not really that hard to make and no one really needs them.

The first picture could be accomplished by zoom users in 10 minutes with the script.

The second in about 20 minutes. It will return result as you type each letter or number.

Regards

Comment

You were so quick to say no and give me negative BS. Then quote what I said as If I was the idiot.
        I didn't say no. Read my post. I didn't give you any negative BS. If you want to post some hints and tips, go for it.

I have no idea why you think quoting part of a post should imply that the poster being quoted is an idiot. If you feel like an idiot becuase people quote your post, it is your problem.

Search this forum for XML. NONE

Yes it is a another quote. Please don't take it as a personal attack. It is just a quote.

I did a search for the forum for XML and got 147 results.

Comment

Working...
        X