PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can two different search methods be merged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can two different search methods be merged?

In technical terms I am a novice and don't know much about the back-end technology. However, I would like to ask following. On my website (http://www.pauravshukla.com), I have got two search bars presently. One which searches only my website and the other which searches through google.

Therefore, my question is, can 'zoom search' be used in a way that I can merge both these search bars into one? Secondly, if so, can I make the search results presented in a way that it first presents relevant results pages from my site only and then presents results from web?

I assume the Google search box searches the web (and not just your site). Why do you want offer Google web searches on your site? People won't visit your site to do a Google search. They will go directly to Google to do a Google search. You are also encouraging people to leave your site by presenting results from other sites in your search results.

In any case there is no easy way to combine Google search results and Zoom search results. With some coding it could be done, but it wouldn't be trival, even for an experienced programmer.

Comment

Working...
    X