Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical error with pagetext file

Hi
    I have 2 entries in a search index that report Critical error with pagetext file. I have deleted all the indexes and reindexed the site with and without the 2 files, copied the indexes up to the server in both binary and ASCII and nothing makes a difference. I am using version 6 and this is the only 2 entries that report this error.

Goto http://www.michell.com/de/

Search for s904 and you see the error.

Hope you can help as this product is fantastic.

This would normally be an indication that the index is corrupted. But you have already rebuilt the index. Uploads of the index should always be done in FTP Binary mode (nor ASCII mode).

You are a couple of patch releases behind, but there were no bugs fixed the last 2 releases that related to this issue.

I assume you haven't customised / modified our search script?

Can you zip up all your index files (and your Zoom configuration file) and E-Mail them to us, and we can have a deeper look at the problem.

Comment

The problem was resolved via E-Mail. But for other readers, the problem was that the settings.php file was not being uploaded with the rest of the index files.

It is critical that the settings file be up to date with the rest of the index files. It MUST be uploaded with all the rest of the files each time the index is updated.

The contents of the file change each time you update the index, as it contains information like the number of words and pages in the index. So it is not enough just to upload it once.

Comment

Working...
      X