Search box clears and search aborts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search box clears and search aborts

I have test several versions of my product, some on the net and some as localhosts on my computer. Recently they have all failed with the same problem, although not at the same time.

The problem is I can get the form to display (I use my own form with the searchtemplate embedded in it), and I can enter a search term in the search box, but when I click submit the search box clears and the form appears to reset.

As a secondary matter, am I doing the right thing by inserting the search_template.html file code into my search form file?

Thanks, Dixie
    (PS I also emailed Ray with the same query, but then considered the possibility he might be on leave - apologies)

Here is the code from my search form file:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <!-- #BeginTemplate "templates/doc.dwt" -->
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
    <head>
    <!-- #BeginEditable "doctitle" -->
    <title>Searching the Police Visual Handbook</title>
    <meta name="description" content="Searching the Police Visual Handbook">
    <!-- #EndEditable -->

<snip>

<p>The Police Visual Handbook.&nbsp; © Force IT Solutions Ltd 1997-2009.&nbsp; All Rights Reserved.</p>

</div>

</body>
    </html>
    <!-- #EndTemplate -->

If possible can you post the link to a site where we can see the problem.

Comment

Can you email me and I will email a link back?
      dixie@fits.uk.com

Comment

The search link went to a script which is not our script, S10005.asp. I don’t know what this script does and so can’t really comment on why it doesn’t work.

But having a guess I also manually enter in the name of our script, search.asp

It returned the following error.

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
        Script timed out
        /search.asp
        The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

So it just looks like a timeout error. Note that is searching is to slow you might want to consider switching to the CGI option.

Comment

Working...
        X