Cookie based Authentication for ASP.NET platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookie based Authentication for ASP.NET platform

I am able to index my dnn site (local) successfully but on trying the cookie based authentication I am unable to login as the required user but the indexing completes successfully .
    The login functionality is used for indexing regional content on the website.

As for configuring zoom I have checked on both options under Authentication tab i.e.
    Use Cookies from Windows and IE and also Automatic login on following page (URL)
    and before indexing I manually logon to the website as the concerned user in IE.

On indexing the website, the log shows "Unable to automatically fill login form on page: http://xxx/demo/Home/tabid/38/ctl/Login/Default.aspx" but the indexing continues and the search files are generated.

On clicking on the warning and selecting Open URL in browser, it redirects to the correct login page by which I assume something went wrong with the Login variable and Password variable.

I cross checked the example in the HELP file with the source for the login control in dnn.

The dnn source as shown below utilizes <asp:textbox> tag instead of the <input> tag.

<asp:textbox id="txtUsername" columns="9" width="150" cssclass="NormalTextBox" runat="server" />

<asp:textbox id="txtPassword" columns="9" width="150" textmode="password" cssclass="NormalTextBox" runat="server" />

So I modified the source to include the name for each control which seems to be a vague approach but still the problem persists.

<asp:textbox name="txtUsername" id="txtUsername" columns="9" width="150" cssclass="NormalTextBox" runat="server" />

<asp:textbox name="txtPassword" id="txtPassword" columns="9" width="150" textmode="password" cssclass="NormalTextBox" runat="server" />

Could someone guide me here..
    Thanks,

Gerald

I think it is probable that the ASP.NET login control utilized requires more than just the username and password to be submitted for it to accept the login. See this previous thread:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3530
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X