Newbie Upgrade Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Upgrade Help!!

I’m currently responsible for the content of our web site (www.nr-foundation.org.uk) which has a number of pages which are populated using Zoom. The Latest News, Latest Updates and Archive News pages (link to the left) are populated and sorted by date depending on the keyword and date I enter into the head section of each web page as below:

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="(ArchiveNews, LatestNews or LatestUpdates)" />
    <meta http-equiv="Last-Modified" content="Sat, 07 Apr 2006 12:00:00 GMT" />

<title> Bla Bla Bla.</title>
    <meta name="description" content="Bla Bla Bla.." />

<link href="../css/NRFpopups.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <script>if (window.focus) {window.focus()}</script>
    </head>

This system was created by someone else using Zoom Ver4.2 and at the moment I simply run the Zoom indexer and copy all the .zdat files to the search folder on the remote web server and this updates the pages as mentioned with any files added which have the correct metadata..

My Problem:

I have upgraded the Zoom software to Version 6, opened the config file which I use with Ver4.2, ran the indexer which returned no errors then as before uploaded all the .zdat files. But this clears all the above mentioned pages of data and simply shows a blank page.

Below is a contents list from the remote search folder:

search.asp
    search.php
    search_ArchiveNews.asp
    search_ArchiveNews.html
    search_LastestUpdates.html
    search_LatestNews.asp
    search_LatestNews.html
    search_LatestUpdates.asp
    search_LatestUpdates.html
    search_template.html
    searchNews.asp
    settings.asp
    settings.php
    settings_ArchiveNews.asp
    settings_LatestNews.asp
    settings_LatestUpdates.asp
    zoom_pagedata.zdat
    zoom_pageinfo.zdat
    zoom_datetime.zdat
    zoom_descriptions.zdat
    zoom_dictionary.zdat
    zoom_pages.zdat
    zoom_pagetext.zdat
    zoom_titles.zdat
    zoom_wordmap.zdat

Sorry is this is a bit vague I’m slightly out of my comfort zone!

Oh and the indexer is running in Offline mode - ASP

Your pages are generated by scripts called, search_LatestNews.asp, searchNews.asp, etc..
    These are not our scripts, and we don't know what code is in them nor what they do.

Can you see if you get results by calling out script (search.asp) directly.

Comment

Thanks for the reply..

The script files search_LatestNews.asp etc.. are copies of the search.asp files which have been changed to call individual settings files called settings_LatestNews.asp etc.. which in turn call individual template files such as search_ArchiveNews.html etc..

The search box on our site uses the default settings, search and tenplate files and works fine.

I have done a saveAs on the settings and search ASP files created by Zoom Ver6 and replaced the script files I already had which has solved the problem and now returns the results I would expect. I just need to figure out how to hide the details such as "Search for: <SEARCH BOX" "SUBMIT BUTTON" and the text,
      Search results for:.. and also sort my results by Last Modified Date..

Comment

All sorted, changed all my files to version 6 script and reindexed.. yeeha everything is working fine and thanks to your help and various other posts which you have answered on the forum my search pages are working as they should..

Many thanks for your help and very helpful web pages, the css help page "How do I customize the appearance of my search page with CSS?" was an absolute god send.
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/css.html

Once again many thanks and keep up the good work with your fantastic product!!

David

Comment

Working...
        X