Indexing files used by the plugins Crashes zoom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing files used by the plugins Crashes zoom

Ok I love zoom search does exactly what its supposed to. The only problem I have is when I try to index ANY file like .mp3, .doc, .pdf....etc the program crashes and windows tells me that the program has encountered an error.

I have the enterprise edition so those extensions should work fine with my version and I have latest plugins what gives?

Things I've checked through read threads about crashing issues:
    premissions - all are correct on local files, the Program application folder and I even checked the permissions of those file types on my server nothing helped.

Error message from windows XP that I get:`
    "ZoomIndexer.exe has encountered a problem abd needs to close. We are sorry for ....." When I click the more details link on that error message this is what it shows me:
    Error Signiture
    AppName: zoomindexer.exe AppVer 6.0.0.0 ModName: zoomindexer.exe
    ModVer. 6.0.0.0 Offset: 00197e82

This ONLY happens if I include those kind of file types like the ones the plugins help with outside of that the app works fine please someone help me I've searched through some threads but no one has my specific situation thanks.

First thing to do is check if you are using the latest build of Zoom (V6.0 build 1020 at time of posting):
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

Second is to make sure you have the latest plugin package (which you suggest you already do, but for comprehensive sake, let's have the link here):
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/plugins.html

If you are still getting this crash with the latest builds of the Indexer and the plugins, then you will need to send us some of these files to look at. If they are hosted online, then you can just send us the URLs.

We will also need your Zoom configuration file. This is the ZCFG file containing your indexer settings.

A screenshot of the crash (showing the indexer window and where it was up to in the Index log) may also help.

Do you have any antivirus/security software which may interfere with Zoom?

We haven't heard from anyone else experiencing this problem, but we'll certainly look into it.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

plugin crashes zomm get close to solving

No i don't have any anti-virus things on at all you know what I don't think I have the latest build of zoom though it says that I have 6.0.15 I think the one out now is 6.0.20 or something like that I will check that and plugins updates and let you know what I find. I also that no one had the issue as well I'm sure its me not having the proper updates thanks I'll check...

Comment

Working...
      X