Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Result displays content not found on the page

Hi,

I have a page with a very little content.

Ex. Page content is

The quick brown fox
    Jumps over the lazy dog
    apple cat dog banana goat
    fish tiger lion ostrich cab
    phone table around
    today is Thursday
    big apple juice

I did a multi-word search of the word - "big apple juice" without double quote, and the result returned

... is Thursday big apple juice ... every good boy does fine...

the "every good boy does fine" belong to another page but it includes it in the results.

Is this what should really happen when there is little content in a page? Are there other workaround? I couldn't trim the context size since the results for other pages get affected.

Thanks!

No this should not happen. It might be index corruption (for example you have only updated half of the index files) or it might be a new bug, or it might be an old bug already fixed or it might be you are indexing an old version of this page where the text in question was in fact on the page.

What version of Zoom are you using?
    What scripting option are you using? (PHP, ASP, CGI, JS or .NET)
    What is the context size you have configured?
    Are you using offline mode or spider mode?
    Is it a text file or a HTML file, or some other type of file (e.g. PDF, Word)?
    What is the URL for this test page, if it is online?

Comment

Here are the details of zoom search I'm using
      Version - 6 Build 1020
      scripting option - ASP.NET
      context size - 30
      mode - Spider Mode
      file type - a HTML file

The page is in a development server at the moment. I checked again the content of the page before re-indexing the whole site and there was no change in it.

Comment

It sounds like it's a corrupted set of index files. Check this FAQ:
        Q. I am seeing the wrong text appear in the search results (or the results look strange and messed up)

If you are sure the files were not corrupted, send us your ZCFG indexer settings, and the file(s) in question you are testing with, and we'll try to reproduce it here.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I have sent an email regarding this issue with the files attached to reproduce the error.

Comment

With help from the files Dorothy sent us, we have confirmed that this is a bug in the current release (V6.0 build 1020). It will be fixed for the next release (V6.0 build 1021).
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X