php search page not working ... HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• php search page not working ... HELP

I am working on a seach page using a unix server. The website is www.ued.us.com. I have been trying for days to get this search to work and cannot figure out what is wrong. It worked with the java platform but the php version does not even give me the seach button on the page and never any results. I took my edited templete off thinking maybe it was that but it still does not work.
    I am so frustrated and would love any help.
    Thanks!!!

We don't have a "Java platform". Maybe you are confused with Javascript?

Did you check with your hosting plan, does your server support PHP?

Comment

Yes, that is what I meant. I am very new at this, sorry. The host said php should work. I am wondering if in the search button in my header on all the pages, I should link to the search.php instead of the template. Would that be the problem?

Thanks so much for getting back to me!

Comment

Yes, any search box you create must link to the search script. As per the FAQ,
        Q. How do I add search boxes to my web pages?

But when you server attempts to execute the search.php script it fails with the message, "500 Internal Server Error". Which would normally indicate the problem on the server. (for example the server might not support PHP at all, or might support only a very very old version of PHP).

Comment

Ahh! Thanks! It just returned the error. What are my options then? Can I format it for an older version?

Thanks again!

Comment

1) Double check if PHP installed on the server. Query your hosting company & try a simple hello word program on your server,
            <?php
            echo 'Hello World!';
            ?>

2) If PHP is installed then find our what version is installed. Again your host can help, or you can use the phpinfo() command.
            <?php
            phpinfo();
            ?>

Who are you hosting with? What package have you signed up for? Are you hosting on Linux or Windows?

Comment

Thank you so much for your help!!! The simple PHP query didn't even work. After working with this for about 2 weeks, the host finally agreed to look at it themselves. They replaced some files and wouldnt you know it it works! Files were either corrupt or missing.
              This is wonderful tool to have and you are so helpful!!
              Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X