Search Filtering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Filtering

What is a good way to do the following...

Example: have 3 folders, only want the page title indexed in only one page in each folder? I would want all other links/pages ignored.

I want to use categories, but again using the example above.

I don't really understand the requirement.

...only want the page title indexed in only one page in each folder
    If you only want one page indexed in 3 folders, then you will only have 3 pages indexed in total. Having a search function for 3 pages don't seem worthwhile?

Maybe you can give an example of what you want so that we can better understand the problem.

------
    David

Comment

I think I know what you mean.

The best way to do this would be with a whitelist for pages including the terms in the title that you want to index, but Zoom offers only a skip list, not a list where you can say "only index pages with ______ in the title."

So a good option for you may be to make a page with the links you want it to index - just a page with links on it - and feed that to the spider as a start page. As far as I know there's no way to set a search depth with Zoom (start from the start page and only index down to XX number of directories), but if you're only indexing three pages you may want to just feed them to the spider manually (click on the "More" next to the start URL) and have it just index those three pages.

However, if you just want to index the page titles in three folders... that's not really much of an index, is it? You probably won't need a search engine to do that. But maybe 3 was just a number out of a hat, and you have dozens of folders you want it to only index one page title in.

In the configuration there are checkboxes for what Zoom will index, though, and you can uncheck everything but "Page Titles" and that should work for you.
      My Zoom-searchable poetry archives web site.
      http://poetryx.com

Comment

Working...
      X