non welformed numeric value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non welformed numeric value

The message "non welformed numeric value...search.php line 1235" shows up for every search. I just upgraded to V5.1 1017 following advice from an earlier post on this forum. I have reinstalled, cleaned up old files, deleted old versions. Still get this message. Got similar message on my old V5.0. Have I configured anything wrong? I use only html files (just total of 12 pages so far). No fancy language, no outside links. Everything else works. I can't upgrade to V6 at this time. Can I fix this?

It sounds like you are corrupting the files somehow. Are you uploading the files using a third party program? Or are you using Zoom to upload the files (recommended)?

Or you might be only uploading some of the files and mixing files from different sessions. See this FAQ for more details:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...html#corrupted
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

non welformed numeric value

I have installed a WAMP on my PC. Zoom loads the index files into the same folder on my PC with the rest of my website files. The WAMP server (Apache) is a virtual server on my computer so I don't need to upload the index files using an FTP. Could this cause the corruption?

Comment

Only if you are copying the files back and forth to the hosting folder and unwittingly omitting some files. OR if you have the output directory specified as one folder, but you are looking at a different folder than that is hosted through your server (it happens more often than you think, when people confuse their hosted URLs/file paths with their local paths - and they're constantly updating a set of files which isn't what they're actually accessing via the URL and wondering why their changes has no effect).

Other possibilities is that it really is a bug that has since been fixed in V6 but we have no reports of such. You'll have to ZIP up your search files and e-mail them to us if you want us to look more closely and confirm this.

Having said that, even if it was a bug in the old V5, we wouldn't be able to issue any new builds for V5 (the source code is closed) so it's probably easier to just upgrade to V6. Considering you're only indexing 15 files, you can probably just use the Free Edition?
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X